• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nothingness

Algorithm books

This topic is 5932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been trying to programm for about a year and a half. I was wonder, why cant i get any better, then i notice, i dont no how to use what i learned. If you no no what i mean, i got books on how to do the different things in c++(like classes, arrays, pointers) but they dont, tell how to use them in real programms. I was wondering are their any books that teach algroitms that i will most-likely need in programming.

Advertisement
Yeah, "Introduction to Algorithms" is a great book. It''s well written and packed with information. There exercises are fun and challenging too. I definitely recommend it whether you''re a newbie or a professional.

I have Introduction to Algorithms and it is good. I actually bought it on sale several years before I even took an algorithms course. We used Sedgewick''s Algorithms in C in one of my classes, and that was a good book, too. O''Reilly''s Mastering Algorithms With C is also decent.

(Despite the fact that these 2 books mention C in the title, the concepts can easily be generalized)

-------------
SpaceRook
Latest Project: Paper Shredder
Visit my homepage for other projects!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!