My heightfield program webpage is up!

Started by
3 comments, last by TheGecko 24 years, 2 months ago
Hey all! Well..I finally did it...I put up a webpage to display some screenshots of my heightfield terrain engine (called Terraformer3D).Check it out at: http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/epson/1181/index.htm There is a small demo program (well..1.8 MB) file you can download from the downloads section.Please drop by and download it and tell my what you think.My email is at the homepage: gecko@baynet.net A word of caution...I have not tried this app on any 3DFX cards....I am not sure what Voodoo card users are going to expect but I''d love to hear from them and the rest of you guys.Just drop me an email with your comments,suggestions etc. Keep in mind that this is a VERY early version.There is no multitextureing,no LOD algorithms and no skybox. (But there is transparent water! )I''m working on all these things right now.So I really hope you enjoy it. It doesn''t look nice because the texture map is an 8bit image...but I''m scanning the internet for high res satellite pictures which I''m going to apply in later versions. Oh,and don''t forget to read the txt file included in the zip. Gecko out.
Advertisement
Hey all.
Ok,I''ve posted up some screenshots of v0.2 of my terrain demo! Check it out at my website (see above).You can download the latest release from there.Tell me what you think.
Hey, you already did EXACTLY what Im trying to do . I''m making what boils down to Tanks/Scorched Earth in OpenGl for extra credit at school. I was wondering what you use for heightmap generation? I have never attempted something like this before, so Im kinda curious. Where did you get the info that got you started?

Mushuman
How much memory is required to run it ? I have 32 Mb of RAM and 8 Mb on my video card, and it keeps saying i don''t have enough memory, even if i close *all* the other applications.

Y.
Hey, screenshots look nice... I actually prefer the earlier ones though because they show varying textures for higher elevations.

FYI, I DLed the demo and it wouldn''t run... It said my (75 - 125 meg) swap file was too small!
If a man is talking in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement