The Physics Contest

Started by
0 comments, last by Chalma 22 years, 1 month ago
This is in response to the physics contest that I am sure lots of you know is happening as we speak. What I am not quite sure of is what the concept of "REAL TIME" is. I have medium skills in programming so what I want to do (I have no intention of entering the contest) is feasable. What is Real Time. Lets say for example I am going to build an make believe oscilliscope I can have a simple circuit consisting of a resistor a capacitor and some type of load, a lamp for example. If I am getting the waves from each type of conductor (the resistor, the capacitor and the load and the applied voltage) and graph the wave, would realtime be as they appear each second that passes (our time) or would slowing down the wave so you can see it as it occurs in milliSeconds or a smaller amount of time? I know my example sucks (if it makes sense at all) Please clear up my confusion. THanks -Chalma/Pspiro
-Chalma/Pspiro
Advertisement
The ''RealTime'' they means has nothing to do with real-time electronic circuits that need to react in microseconds...
They just means that your program have to calculate the physic of the world as it run, they just dont want you to pre-record all motion and then play it back.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement