Zummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Started by
21 comments, last by Programmer One 21 years, 1 month ago
Either that... or we get some really weird occurences of ball lightning and that sort of stuff ^_^
Advertisement
Lightbulbs do what? I recomend you dont sit to much infront of that computer if you dont have a dying wich to get cancer in the next few years.
Looks like Ronin_54 is well grounded, and Senses777 is not.

Anywho, my dad also had major problems around computers due to a static charge that he seems to walk around with. I convinced him to touch the back of computer before playing with it. That was a pain so I rigged up a ground wire beside the keyboard for him to touch before playing with the computer. That worked quite well actually. But since getting an optical mouse, that problem seems to have disappeared.

I heard of a techy who always went around in barefeet before playing with computers RAM chips. I can see how that could work because he would be constantly discharging the static charge. Being static charge paranoid, I quite often take this precaution.

Another thing of note. Not long ago my monitor would black out when windows loaded. It would lose the refresh rate. It would have to be turned off, then on again to work. I then learned the problem was static electricity. I grounded the monitor pins ( with montior off of course) and the problem vanished.

Guy

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea ?"
Mordred, Cancer? Why would I be getting cancer?

anyways, I always keep myself well grounded before messing with any computer parts. Dont be so paranoid though, just touch the chasis of the computer while you are working on it and all will be well. BTW, some people just collect more static than other people (like your dad), I however have normal static, so it has to be something else. .sen
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
quote:The Ronin Says:
"Either that... or we get some really weird occurences of ball lightning and that sort of stuff ^_^"

That should be much fun! ^^ .sen
Whenever I walk into the server room at work, I immediately get dizzy. Not the kind of dizzy where you''re blacking out or falling over, but there''s a definite feeling of ''goofiness'' in your balance.

Oh, and I glow in the dark now. (just kidding). Seriously, tho, at what point should we be whipping out our tin foil body suits? This is scary stuff -- probably not in the short term, but maybe after 30 years of exposure to this kind of thing I could start having problems. Of course I could get hit by a car tommorrow, and none of that would matter, eh?

Oh, and Programmer One -- as far as ideas. If you hear this ''zummm'' noise when the two cords touch eachother, then the solution is to not have the cords touch eachother. heh.

-pirate_dau
Hmm... I never feel uncomfortable around a large amount of computers ^_^

However, some computers do seem to have bad karma... I can look at them, no problem, but when I start to work on them... auch... They work, they do what they are suppoed to do, but I feel *really* uncomfortable... :/ Last time I had that, was with that weird computer that only work for me and not for my friend :/ How would you explain that...?
The radio signal generated in wires does not have enough energy to do any damage (it''s too low frequency)
Sometimes after working on my computer for only about a half-hour looking at the screen gives me a kind of vertigo, like I''m flying with my feet on the ground. Turning the computer off and on immediatly solves this. The funny thing is, this happens with any monitor I hook to my computer at any resolution.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
maybe a mental thing, not a physical or electrical thing. Although reactions to very light electro-magnetic fields have been scientifically proven to do strange things to some people. (I know someone who cannot talk on a cell phone for more than 3 minutes, or she will turn red and stuff, and this happens when the cell phone isn''t touching her so its not an allergic reaction (yes we tested it)) .sen

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement