[java] What editers do you use?

Started by
18 comments, last by eqs 24 years, 1 month ago
Hey you should try Kawa or JWorkshop, Kawa is better i think, JWorkshop has neat option to use modified Javac/Java, but I prefer Kawa because it''s overally faster...
Advertisement
I use vi for everything.
Well, im pretty much as confused as when I first asked the question. Seems theres no 1 main editer people use. Oh well, ill stick to notepad.

PEACE
GAZZ
Use Kawa if you are concerned about cost(www.tek-tools.com). Use Jbuilder if you want a decent gui builder.

DRezz
DRezz
quote:Original post by DRezz

Use Kawa if you are concerned about cost(www.tek-tools.com). Use Jbuilder if you want a decent gui builder.

DRezz

Yeah, but I don''t see any benefits in JBuilder/Symanteks vis cafe/Visual Java (whicheveristhenewestversion), because it is so easy and efficent to create gui just with notepad, Layoutmanagers and null-layout gives everything I need and most times in game-programming you can''t use Gui builder because it just errors when it is trying to show image in code etc.

Time comes, time goes and I only am.
Use something besides notepad. If there''s one thing these editors have in common is that they all have more to offer than notepad.
I got this program called Jpad off one of my Cd''s. Is it good? Ive played with it some, the most annoying thing is the damn font. Im squinting to see it!

PEACE
GAZZ
Im using j++ 6.0 and are VERY comfortable with it, the only downside it has is that you have to all the gui-code manually,

/Fredrik Glawe

Well I''m also using VJ++ 6.0 but the only problem that I have with it is some default packages weren''t installed with it (such as javax or graphics2D which I could really use). I downloaded a proggy that can import the packages but it can only import cab and zips. Does anyone know where/how to get these extra packages?

Besides that, I don''t have any problems with it.

Smoo

PS When you say "real programmers"... well count me out =P
You can download the jdk. It has all the necassary classes and it includes a java runtime environment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement