My frame rate is getting capped

Started by
0 comments, last by ByteMe95 22 years, 1 month ago
When using d3d8 my frame rate is getting capped at 60fps. I AM VERY MUCH AWARE that that is because my monitor''s refresh is probably 60Hz at that resolution, and the 3d device waits for the vsync to draw to the screen. However, I dont want to have my game loop only get 60 go throughs per game cycle, I took out the 3d drawing routines and my frame rate was actually around 750, THAT''s what I want my app to be able to use!!! I need that because my objects are moving too fast for some collisions, if I have that high a framerate, and increase positions by velocity * frameratio, i could get better detection (correct?) I know in DirectDraw I could have set up a double/triple buffer and not wait for vsync, so let everything be drawn whenever ti can but dont stop me while you wait! How can this be done in d3d8?? CAN it be done? ByteMe95::~ByteMe95() My S(h)ite
ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()My S(h)ite
Advertisement
Check the D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS structure you''re passing to IDirect3D8::CreateDevice (). One of the members deals with refresh rate, and one deals with present interval.

You want to set the present interval to immediate.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement