Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full screen mode on Direct3D is slow!?

This topic is 5754 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I tried to draw Direc3D in full screen mode, but the FPS is slow dowm too much. Some samples of Direct3D can shift to full screen mode by [alt-Enter]. The resolution is reduced from 1024*768 to 640*480, so I modified as below on D3DApp.cpp. HRESULT CD3DApplication::ToggleFullscreen() { ..... m_d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = 1024; m_d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = 768; m_d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = pModeInfo->Format; // m_d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = pModeInfo->Width; // m_d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = pModeInfo->Height; // m_d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = pModeInfo->Format; .... } This is OK to run, but the FPS became half, comparing to window mode in 1024*768. Then I tried to modified the window style to become more alike as full screen mode by this, HRESULT CD3DApplication::Create( HINSTANCE hInstance ) { ......... m_dwWindowStyle = WS_DLGFRAME|WS_MAXIMIZE; ......... } By this way, I still find a title bar without any border line and button. Does any one know how to take the title bar off? I have checked the MSDM help document about this topic. Thanks! Roy Edited by - royhsu2001 on March 18, 2002 2:08:59 AM

umm well i would bet your frame rate is = your refreash reat of your adaptor
like most full screen apps
you can push WAY more polys thoure it befor you see a drop in FPS over windows

-Ian

Herse what I do if I want to get thousends and thousands of FPS:
m_d3dpp.FullScreen_PresentationInterval = D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE;
(but thats only in fullscreen mode)
Basicaly what that means is "dont wait for the monitor for a screen refresh"

[ my engine ][ my game ][ my email ]
SPAM

WNDCLASSEX wc = { sizeof(WNDCLASSEX), CS_CLASSDC, MsgProc, 0L, 0L, GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, "DxApp", NULL };
RegisterClassEx( &wc );

// Create the application''s window
HWND hWnd = CreateWindowEx( 0, "DxApp", NULL, WS_POPUP | WS_THICKFRAME, 0, 0, 800, 600, GetDesktopWindow(), NULL, hInst, NULL );

Leave out WS_THICKFRAME if you don''t want any boarder at all.