A little plan I made...

Started by
7 comments, last by outRider 22 years, 1 month ago
After enough hacking around to make my head spin I've decided to plan things out a little further... Here's a work-in-progress I've come up with, this diagram isn't complete (I've only focused on certain areas), but if anyone has any comments, fire away. Hopefully I'll manage to get something done that I can be satisfied with. Solid lines = 'has-a', dotted lines = 'is-a', regular boxes = concrete classes, "boxed" boxes = meant to be inherited. ------------ - outRider - Edited by - outRider on March 18, 2002 7:33:11 PM
Advertisement
A bit offtopic perhaps...
What program did you use to create that chart ?
...cant be bothered copying that link into my browser, maybe if it was clickable...
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
Sorry, I know the link wasn''t convenient, but Geocities is anal about exernal linking, hopefully now people will have a second to look.

Anyhow, the program I made that with is ''Paraben''s Flow Charter'' which I found at download.com It''s not UML, but I can''t be bothered to learn it and all I really need is something I can work with in my head, and it works well.

------------
- outRider -
quote:Original post by elis-cool
...cant be bothered copying that link into my browser, maybe if it was clickable...

I cant believe you took the time to type that out
I can''t get onto download.com, could you put the program
on your geocities site and a link to your geocities site?
http://www.paraben.com/programs/pflowtry.exe

Knock yourself out.

------------
- outRider -
lol, looks like your getting a lot of interest in all the wrong things. I think your flowchart looks pretty good. I was a bit confused with the collision stuff though. Maybe go into a bit more detail on how you would implement that.
-Greg Koreman
I haven''t given much thought to the collision at this point to be honest. Objects will probably inherit a bounding box or sphere or something, and when they move they can check their box against whatever is in the current node with them.

What I''m doing now is figuring out how to implement the render queue. Right now the dynamic queue, which is meant to be filled every frame, takes the following...

RenderBuffer
float *pVertexBuffer;
float *pNormalBuffer;
float *pTexCoordBuffer;
int *pTriIndexBuffer;
int nFaces;
CBrush &Brush
CVector3D &Position

It takes a string of buffers, and sorts them based on the brush and distance, then draws them. I don''t know what to do about the static queue though, the idea there is that you fill it outside your drawing loop, and everything in there gets drawn every frame. I''d stick the static stuff in a display list/CVA. I''m not sure what to do about multiple instances of the meshes inside the queue though, and if the world matrix changes their positions, etc, but that bridge is still a few days off.

------------
- outRider -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement