Getting pointed in the right direction

Started by
3 comments, last by Lotius 22 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I''ve been searching the Internet for some time with no success. Basically I''m just looking for some simple tutorials on basic graphics programming for a beginner. Recommendations of books, links, FAQs, anything would be of great help. Thank you. Lotius
Advertisement
if you''ve been searching the internet and have not found one tutorial or any type of information, then i say just stop right there. it''s not that hard to find information, go to google.com, go to the Articles & Resources link above. i don''t see why so many people write these type of posts when everything is in front of you.
I dont know why people insist on flaming anonymously If you are posting anonymously it is pretty obvious that you know what you are posting is out of place. So why do it? Not helpful in the slightest way.

It is easy to find things in google.com when you know what to search for. If you search for basic graphics programming you will get a whole bunch of links on how to write extremely irrelevant graphics routines in BASIC. Or how to get started with Mode X or 13h programming. These things might have nostalgic value but they are pretty useless to somebody trying to get started with graphics programming on todays systems

Not everybody has mastered the art of the search engine quite yet. And although it is a very valuable tool to master, I don''t think having that mastery is a prerequisite to beginning graphics programming.

Lotus if you just want to get started and say... draw a few triangles on the screen using OpenGL... go to nehe.gamedev.net and check out the tutorials.

If DirectX is more your flavor, try

www.drunkenhyena.com/docs/d3d_tutorial.phtml

Peace,
Geek
quote:If you search for basic graphics programming you will get a whole bunch of links on how to write extremely irrelevant graphics routines in BASIC.

Exactly, and thank you.

Lotius
I point people to the opengl ''red book" for basics. The basic ideas are applicable to DX, etc.
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement