Anti-Delete

Started by
19 comments, last by Programmer One 22 years, 1 month ago
well explain what your program does. you merely state that it deals with copy configurations. you seem to imply that its mainly reg entries, but may also include *.ini things as well.

what the name "Ghost engine" has anything to do with the app not storing simple config info somewhere is beyond me.

backups are not messy, they are a required thing for copy configurations. if you dont make backups, you cant do restores.

i know the avg user can be destructive, but this tool does not sound like something the avg user would be using or need. though i highly doubt they could find a folder that is hidden (ie hidden attribute is on). windows by default does not display hidden folders, so they would not even know the folder exists.

i dont understand how copying only configurations will make two pcs identical legally. they will not have the same software installed, since you say your not copying software. having different hardware would mean that you have different config no matter how you cut and paste.

the app maintains the config, so what does ghost engine have to do with anything? unless you have ghost engine and another app that interacts with it? thus two apps you are creating (ie client server?) please explain further.

how can you get rid of the old config? you dont know what entries are for hardware and what is for software, and unless the pcs have the EXACT same hardware you CANT blindly remove entries. regardless of whether the old config is completly erased, doing that multiple times would result in the same thing. unless by some miracle you are incorrectly accessing the registry.

i somewhat know what the app is for, and unless you clarify it will be my only reality of what the app does. therfore unless your explain it, i must judge by what i know. i feel that this app mimics regedit to a degree without the editing. basically its designed to back diff copies of a config and apply this to other pcs to give them the same config. what you mean by config is quite vauge, but i would have to guess other app reg entries as well as user info entry stuff.

if this is truly for a computer illitrate person, the app should make backups. explicit warnings will also be a good idea to deter them form installing the app and saving them from this.

it is THEIR computer and they should be allowed to rummage through THEIR directories as they see fit. please also explain what a proper uninstall would do to make things safe. it is seeming now more like a lack of design work now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement