• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

av

OpenGL Good OpenGL book for beginners ???

This topic is 5964 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As of now im learning c++ and would like to start learning OpenGL. Could anyone suggest me a good book for beginners and by beginner i mean a complete beginner in OpenGL !!

Advertisement
1)Redbook (OpengL programming guide book)
2)OpenGL superbible
3)Game programming book

bye bondi

Well, you could try NeHe''s excellent tutorials rather than a book. You can find them at:

http://nehe.gamedev.net/

Otherwise, I recommend the OpenGL Superbible, by Richard S. Wright. Concise, with a clear coverage of major topics, including object composition, lighting, blending, etc. and a CD with all the source code to the examples in the book...

iNsAn1tY - the place where imagination and the real world merge...
Try http://uk.geocities.com/mentalmantle - DarkVertex Coming Soon!

"Opengl game programming" is the best.
It explains everything you need, from the very beginning, to develop games using opengl.
The red book assumes that you have already a basic knowledge . also it is not focused on games, it goes through a lot of topics that you will never use.
I got started with opengl superbible, although at the time it seemed to me to be in heaven ( I come from direct x) , it is not definitly the best book, in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!