Good Book for DirectX for beginners ??

Started by
6 comments, last by av 22 years, 1 month ago
could anyone suggest me a good book for people new to the gaming scene and who want to program in DirectX. i am asking for a recommendation for a really beginner sorta book !!! right now i am learning c++..
G-A-M-I-N-G (Tht's how u spell LIFE) !!
Advertisement
I would say "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" by Andre LaMothe. I just purchased the book a week ago and I''t really good for beginers. But I have been programming C/C++ for about 1 1/2 years.

DDraw. She has double D''''s
****************************If religious DONOT read****************************Jesus was the best skam artist of all times.
Andre''s book is good but he uses directx 6.0. I''d say "Programming Role Playing Games with Directx" by Jim Adams is a better choice now cuz he uses directx 8.0 and covers all branches of directx, his demos all compile perfectly too. I also like "Special Effects Game Programming with Directx" by Mason McCusskey, which has good demos too that all run, as well. I''d go with both.

-Allen P
~"Programming with DirectX8.0" by Andre LaMothe, is targeted towards beginners.

-------
"Programming is like sex make one mistake, and you have to support it forever."
Homepage: www.ussshrike.com/pcwebvia/
-------Homepage: http://www.pclx.com
The Zen of Direct3d Game Programming, if your interested in buying my copy of it, just give me a mail at ewright@gdnmail.net

Eric Wright o0Programmer0o

NeXe

My Homepage
Eric Wright o0Programmer0o
''Zen of Game Progamming'' is a great (and sometimes even entertaining) book to learn the basics. Beware though as the CD is screwed (at least mine was) and the correction on the PRIMA homepage doesn''t work neither. Also, some of the examples don''t compile well (or at all) ... sometimes you have to analyse what the author is doing to get them to run. I may be slightly weird, but I found that THAT was a good way to really understand DirectX (at least up to the part I''m at right now, which is kind of halfway) and not just find myself copying the code from the book without knowing what it does.

I ask a question, why some source of "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" by Andre LaMothe can''t compile?
I like read book,but i want to know some websites about program of dx.
Thank you!!
I ask a question, why some source of "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" can''t compile by vc6?
I like read book,but i want to know some websites about program of dx.
Thank you!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement