Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okey so can I do this?

This topic is 5752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I´ve just learned how to show a primitive on the screen. A triangle as a matter of fact. Now I want to make "Halo" in a newer version. Can anyone give me some pointer on how to do this? sHaKaZeD

//Sarcasm
*grin* What, you say you have a triangle on the screen, and you want something else??!

Come on now a triangle is the most impressive element in the world - well near, if not surpassing the awesomeness of Halo. Why degrade a perfect program: I would go so far as to say that you *have* already created the next "Halo" in the impressive display of excellence.

Don't follow the crowd, we already have too many overachiever punks anyway! So go out there! It's all about marketing anyway! I can't wait for your next release of Halo, (btw, I kinda like a semi-saturated blueish-green. Maybe you could use this color for the tri?)

//End_Sarcasm

-Mike

[edit]------

note: I assumed the writer to be joking when he posted, if this is not the case, then I apologize. Sorry man. As for the tip, eat, read, and breathe programming; it has to make you feel as if you're accomplishing something when you finish your stuff. It should be fun.

Like others have said, read, read alot. Start small, and work your way up. Learn to recode, update your programs, learn more. And so not to be looking into the distance forever: Aim for an attainable goal, like... your first 1 or 2 player 2d game, if you haven't made one already.

Good luck coding,
-Mike

[edited by - thr33d on March 18, 2002 11:26:09 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by shakazed
I´ve just learned how to show a primitive on the screen. A triangle as a matter of fact. Now I want to make "Halo" in a newer version. Can anyone give me some pointer on how to do this?

<font face="impact">sHaKaZeD</font>

There are alot of steps in between displaying a primitive and writting a Halo clone. If you insist on trying I suggest you start reading up on how to write an 3d engine etc.

Well, I guess if you are going to be sarcastic about my idea i´ll skip DX and do the game with the windows GDI.

LOL just wanted to see how many posts I could get to this one =D If some of you didn´t get it, it was a joke.

sHaKaZeD

This topic is 5752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.