Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can someone help?

This topic is 5747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to make a game, but I don''t know what to make one about. I think sidescroller, but I can''t come up with anything like levels and enemies... seems to me like just a bunch of junk for the player to waste time on. I need something with more of a story, but RPG''s seem like they could be tedious to make. I think a board game (something like pente because chess is way overdone), but the AI for something like that would have me stumped. I''m more of the type to do stuff with characters and sprites and explosions, not just abstract "pieces". I''m just not sure what type of thing to go for. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Pong where the paddles are animated characters, perhaps? Pong with an animated background?

Pong can be very complicated, y''know. Try searching the web for a game called ''Pong Kombat.''

What about 8 Eyes? Is that considered a classic by most? There are a lot of things I could think of for a remake of something like that. Whaddya think?

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by beaner
What about 8 Eyes? Is that considered a classic by most? There are a lot of things I could think of for a remake of something like that. Whaddya think?

I vaugely remember that game. Wasn''t that the castlevania rip-off with the falcon? I suppose it''s a classic in that it was basically a remake of a classic...

You could definately remake that, but a lot of people would probably think you were remaking castlevania.

No... it''s not a remake of Castlevania! It''s very similar in some respects, but it''s not a remake. You have a guy named Orin who travels to different palaces across the world and collects a protected relic called an "eye". There are 8 palaces, hence the name "8 Eyes". When you have all 8 eyes, you can go on to the House of Ruth where the final stage takes place. I could add a lot of cool stuff that''s not in the original...

Yeah... but I don't know about Super Mario. Maybe I could turn him in to "Hyper Mario" and have him death-ray the mushrooms instead of stomp on them. Or maybe it could take place on some kind of strange alien planet with space ships and power suits...

Wait... he was on some kind of strange alien planet, wasn't he?

[edited by - beaner on March 19, 2002 10:05:59 PM]

Take a look at Jackel for NES. All you did was drive around in a jeep and shoot guys with a machine gun and throw grenades, but it was fun... Plus, no one wants another mario/pong/pac-man clone.

That''s right... there are too many of certain types of clones. But they are easy... I don''t really want to do a mario, pong or pac-man clone...
Zelda is cool. Or more generally, a Zelda type game. Could be Dragon Warrior or something of the like... The thing is, I don''t want to do a straight clone of something, while on the other hand I am having trouble thinking of anything... What I really want to work towards is an RTS but that may be just beyond my reach for now. Does anyone have any suggestions for working towards an RTS?