can someone help?

Started by
14 comments, last by beaner 22 years, 1 month ago
I want to make a game, but I don''t know what to make one about. I think sidescroller, but I can''t come up with anything like levels and enemies... seems to me like just a bunch of junk for the player to waste time on. I need something with more of a story, but RPG''s seem like they could be tedious to make. I think a board game (something like pente because chess is way overdone), but the AI for something like that would have me stumped. I''m more of the type to do stuff with characters and sprites and explosions, not just abstract "pieces". I''m just not sure what type of thing to go for. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Advertisement
Remake a classic. Then twist and disfigure it horribly.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
What type of classic?
Pong.
---------------Delphi 6 Personal Edition, free for non-commercial use.
I think that I could manage something a little more than pong. Somthing with actual character sprites, maybe?
Pong where the paddles are animated characters, perhaps? Pong with an animated background?

Pong can be very complicated, y''know. Try searching the web for a game called ''Pong Kombat.''
Alright... will do. Sorry for the multiple post, btw... my computer was talking back to me.
What about 8 Eyes? Is that considered a classic by most? There are a lot of things I could think of for a remake of something like that. Whaddya think?
Character sprites? Contra, Double Dragon, Bionic Commando, <your favorite NES game>

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
quote:Original post by beaner
What about 8 Eyes? Is that considered a classic by most? There are a lot of things I could think of for a remake of something like that. Whaddya think?

I vaugely remember that game. Wasn''t that the castlevania rip-off with the falcon? I suppose it''s a classic in that it was basically a remake of a classic...

You could definately remake that, but a lot of people would probably think you were remaking castlevania.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement