[java] java 3d...

Started by
3 comments, last by Wrathnut 22 years, 1 month ago
I have another quick question here. I was digging through the C:\WINNT\java\Packages dir on my machine at work and opened AF5VHZBJ.ZIP. I was looking around for the jar exe, but got side tracked. Anyway, inside that zip file I found some pretty interesting classes.. Stuff like D3dMQuaternion.class, D3dTriangle.class, whole bunch of direct input and direct 3d classes basically. I have yet to decompile them and see exactly what they are all about but it looks like microsoft allready went through and tried doing their own version of D3d with java. I guess I Was just wondering if anyone knew what the hell this is all about? Has anyone tried using these classes. I am assuming they will only work on the MS VM, but WTF seems like most of the work is already done for making a D3D binding for java. Anyway, Anyone have a clue? I sure don''t... -The cowboys have a way of trussing up a steer or a pugnacious bronco which fixes the brute so that it can neither move nor think. This is the hog-tie, and it is what Euclid did to geometry.
Advertisement
Do you have Microsoft Visual J++ installed? If so, this is probably why, because J++ had limited D3D support. If not, I haven''t a clue...
And a woman needs a man... like a fish needs a bicycle...[U2 - Tryin' to throw your arms around the world]
Yes I do have J++ installed. I might have to look a little closer at some of the MS specific stuff. I know it defeats the purpose of write once, but It would be pretty cool to be able to use my 3d card to render graphics.

-The cowboys have a way of trussing up a steer or a pugnacious bronco
which fixes the brute so that it can neither move nor think. This is the
hog-tie, and it is what Euclid did to geometry.
If you want to use your 3D card with java, you can use Direct3D or OpenGL bindings or the java3D api, you should use these "strange" classes.

ciao knudde
If you want to use your 3D card with java, you can use Direct3D or OpenGL bindings or the java3D api, you should not use these "strange" classes.

ciao knudde

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement