"X" Files

Started by
4 comments, last by SkyNet_ITA 22 years ago
I tried to build a simple cube in 3DStudio, just to use it in my VB program. But, after the mesh conversion in the "X" format, VB gives me an error. It says "Automation error". What can i do? P.S. I tried the mesh in the Microsfot''s tutorial (SDK KIT), but the error was the same. sorry for my BAD english...i am italian...
Advertisement
But the tutorial works fine though ?

What are the differences between your program and the tutorial ?
Mulder, is that you?

Sorry. Even I post OT at times.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
I have directly used the tutorial, using my mesh instead the "tiger" of Microsoft''s program....and if I use the "conv3ds" MS program (SDK), the mesh works but it doesent''have the texture. What can you tell me about it?
Thx
An X file contains vertices for your object, but you have to texture your object yourself using textures on file and coordinates.

Use the MSN online library, it helps explain concepts in the SDK tutorial sample files.
If you''re using 3DSMax4x and DirectX8.1, then why not use the X-File exporter that comes with the SDK. Note, when using X-File exporter, make sure everying is collapsed to "editable mesh". Other wise, it won''t load correctly.

If you don''t have the X-File exporter, goto Microsoft DirectX website and download it from there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement