c - Indexed Data Files, For User Accounts

Started by
3 comments, last by Tonic151 22 years ago
Hi, i''m creating a forum, BBS program, and i''ve having a little trouble with creating the User Data Files that will hold all the User Account information. Basically taking the User Struct, saving it to a file, and retreving it for user logon''s.. ie Username, Password.. And all other information.. and also adding multiple users and indexing it.. Would anyone have some great working examples.. i''m picking my brain out try to figure this out correctly and i''m not doing to good.. Thankx for anyhelp
Advertisement
You might think about looking into a database solution. mySQL has facilities to do this quite easily (you''ll have to learn a bit about SQL syntax, and how to set up the server, etc). The extra advantage of using mySQL would be that you would have a basic level of security, which is always nice when dealing with peoples'' passwords.

Here are some links:

I know it''s more stuff to learn, and initially you may think it''s a drag, but I think that it''s something that will benefit ya in the longrun. Well, at least for projects like this.

-pirate_dau
Thanks man i do apprecieate it, but i''m not interested in SQL, and no way to setup a server.. i''m just looking for info on how to Write Structs to a .dat file, Append new Structs as in for different users.. and how to index and read them.. thats all. IF anyone could help with any examples or anything i''d be very apprecitive

dude, SQL is very simple, it''ll probably take you an hour to learn (and that includes learning it well).
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Thanks, but nevermind,, i figured it all out ... jeeze..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement