3ds max

Started by
3 comments, last by Muzlack 22 years ago
Just got 3d studio max (grin), and I''m learning quite fast (a lot faster than what some friends said I would), but I''m wondering about editing geometry. For example. I would like to cut a corner off of a box. I figured out how to do this, but I''m left with a face or two missing from where I made the cut. Let me explain. I made a cut across the corners I would like to remove. Then I selected the faces and detached them. Now, I''m left with a blank face where I made my cut. Could someone point me to some good tutorials? And how to fix my problem? Sponge Factory --Muzlack
--Muzlack
Advertisement
I havent played with max for a while (Im totally sellout to maya now) but Im pretty sure it has an "append to polygon" tool, or something similar. (I think in max it was an option when you actually create a polygon...)

Make sure you can see the vertices of your mesh and just draw a polygon (don''t forget - counterclockwise) while snapping to vertices. Snap is your friend when working with polygons, use it.

You should now have a solid closed geometry.

As for good tutorials max comes with good documentation that contains a few articles on poly modeling. www.3dcafe.com and google.

Hope it helps!

Biere et punk
Yeah, you can create your polygons in max. Just apply an edit mesh (if not already done) to your box, and then go to the polygon sub-oject. You should have a ''create'' button, which, once clicked, will make the vertices appear so you can link them. And, yes, counterclockwise is better if you want too see the face

bye
tib
Much better if you collapse your mesh to Editable Mesh.(right click over the object in MAX4) cause Extrude Face won''t work sometimes correctly when you just apply Edit Mesh
" de sagittis ungarorum libera nos Domine"West-European pray in 900AD
hmm ok THE3dStudio.com 3dcafe.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement