Tutorials / 3D Lessons

Started by
3 comments, last by Lonely 22 years, 1 month ago
I''ve been wondering about this for a while, but I''ve never found an answer... (probably cause when people hear OGL vs DX they freeze up and dont give any new info) So heres my question: Why do there seem to be more OGL tutorials & general programming info than for DX? And hey, if you moderators out there want to close this post, go ahead... but before you do, could you maybe point me in the direction of some previous posts that answer this question, cause I''ve yet to find any. Thanks -Lonely
Advertisement
I don''t think that there are any real difference in amount of tutorials. Though nehe has the all in one place this is great. You have to search for the DX tutorials a bit more. But there is a place which has it all but it''s for VB but it''s pretty easy to port to C++ anyway.

Check out DirectX4VB it''s as good as nehe.¨
http://64.23.12.52/

/Joachim
heh... that works, for vb users... but I dont really get how that answers my question... because, while NeHe has done an exellent job, I dont think he''s got ALL the OGL tuts on his site. There definately do seem to be more OGL tuts on the web (unless I''ve just missed a few dosen DX sites )

Anyways, my real question isn''t WHERE to find more DX sites, it''s more along the lines of why OGL seems to have more info about it.

-Lonely
Perhaps because OpenGL is easier to get started with - certainly compared to earlier versions of Direct3D - runs on more platforms, and is an older system with a more stable API than Direct3D. But there are plenty of DirectX/D3D tutorials out there - or there were when I last looked for them about a year ago.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
Keep in mind, the DirectX SDK comes with a whole bunch of documentary and help files which are more than enough to get a person started. I dont think OpenGL has this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement