Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pure virtual functions

This topic is 5747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I added a pure virtual callback function to my window base class that gets implemented in the subclasses. I put together a subclass compiled it and ran it, when it tries to call the function it comes up with the error ''R6025 - pure virtual function call''. So.. how do i tell my program that the function really is there and i''m not trying to trick it, i have other overridden pure virtual functions and they work perfectly. Thanks Shabadoo

Where are you calling it? If it's in the constructor (or the destructor I believe) it may not work.

Here's a snip from a google search for R6025:

C Run-Time Error R6025
pure virtual function call
No object has been instantiated to handle the pure virtual function call. This error is caused by calling a virtual function in an abstract base class through a pointer that is created by a cast to the type of the derived class, but is actually a pointer to the base class. This can occur when casting from a void* to a pointer to a class when the void* was created during the construction of the base class.

[edited by - siaspete on March 19, 2002 7:11:32 AM]