Game Engine for Cricket

Started by
6 comments, last by Thomas73 22 years, 1 month ago
i am trying to develop a cricket based 3D game. Can anyone help me out with what engine is available that i can use or which language should i use to develop the game ?
Advertisement
If you are asking what language to use, then I suspect you aren''t quite ready to write a 3D game. If this is the case then drop the idea for now, and concentrate on learning the basics of programming.

Otherwise I would recommend using whatever language you are most familiar. For engines, there are lots of free engines out there, I think you''ll need to do a google search to find which ones best suit the features that you need, and are compatile with the language you are using. You will probably want one with plenty of support for animation and physics, but huge polycounts are not really so important - as long as you can draw 15 or so men on the screen plus a simple terrain (unless you want to go into detail with uneven pitches etc, it may as well be completely flat)
Cricket that''s a bad idea. No more boring sport I can think of right now!

I guess the common wealth will chase me down for this but anyway
quote:Original post by WonderWorld
Cricket that''s a bad idea. No more boring sport I can think of right now!

I guess the common wealth will chase me down for this but anyway

Lots of people completely misunderstand cricket. Let me explain:

Think how many beers you can drink during a 90 minute football match.

Now think how many beers you can drink during a 5 day test.

Therefore cricket > football.

Yeah but you can''t drink any beers at all whilst fast asleep for five days.
You obviously never met some of my cricket-loving friends then!

If you search for free 3D engines with Google or whatever, you''ll get plenty of answers, but if you have to ask this sort of question, it''s likely to be too difficult to use one, to be honest.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
Cricket 0wnz Football
Cricket 0wnz basketball
Cricket 0wnz baseball
Cricket 0wnz soccer

Cricket game would be cool, if done right. You should probably have the one day matches though and not have 5 day tests, cause everybody will fall asleep playing your game. I can't imagine playing an entire season of test matches...oh god.

[edited by - Promit on March 19, 2002 6:59:57 PM]
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
quote:Original post by Promit
Cricket 0wnz Football
Cricket 0wnz basketball
Cricket 0wnz baseball
Cricket 0wnz soccer

Cricket game would be cool, if done right. You should probably have the one day matches though and not have 5 day tests, cause everybody will fall asleep playing your game. I can''t imagine playing an entire season of test matches...oh god.

Look at my country . Don''t we make 5 days matches extremely intresting too
Hello from my world

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement