Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Directx Redux Screen Saver Framework

This topic is 5752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone built the Redux Screen Saver Sample from the Microsoft Site? I have tried everything to fix my problem linker issues, but for some reason I just can''t seem to figure out what is causing the problem. The following is my error message:

--------------------Configuration: Redux Screen Saver - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16
Debug/Redux Screen Saver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Redux Screen Saver.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

And yes I am sure I am building a Win32 Application, I even tried to compile it as a Win32 Console Application. Please Help!

>And yes I am sure I am building a Win32 Application, I even tried to compile it as a Win32 Console Application.

Console applications are for the command line. Win32 applications are for windows. You''ll need to look at an example workspace for ScreenSavers to get rid of these errors. basically your not building an .exe you building a .scr and some project setting need to change to pick up that you not building an app.

Sorry i can''t gie you more it''s been 3 yrs since i built a screen saver. check out \DX81SDK\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\Screensavers\Moire that should have everything you need to setup your workspace properly.