Started by
11 comments, last by DoctorK 22 years ago
Well, I didn''t play your game(I''m a little busy, sorry), but a
word of advice...If you''re going to make it a sequel to the
original(meaning storyline), either a. Redo the first game and
make it fun to play or b. Make sure that the storyline is self-
contained or at least provide a good summary of the previous
game.

Personally, I like to play games in the order they were written.
And I don''t want to sit through hours of repetitive gameplay for
a background to the game I really want to play.

Just my ni yen...

-Hyatus
"da da da"
Advertisement
Here is a thought: (btw I can''t play your game, ''cos I''m at work. sorry!)

You say you''re not sure if you have time to make a detailed story. . . well why not contact a few people from the writing forum? This is true for the music and sounds in your game too- plenty of people over in the music & sound forum. For the most part, these people would *love* to get a chance to show what they can do on an actual game, and alot of them are very talented (and will work for free ). . . just thought I''d point that out. . . I''m always surprised that more people don''t think of this.

If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
Hey!

Thanks for your replies!

About the 3d stuff, I know it''s complex as I''ve worked on it before... but this time, it''s going to be a 2d game with sprites pre-rendered in 3d. So it''s basically the same old 2d stuff, with better graphics (I mean, not 3d at all).

I knew about the "virtual hiring" stuff, but it doesn''t work that easily often... and anyway, as this game is supposed to be commercial (will be released as shareware), I guess it wouldn''t be ok to make a guy do anything by free. And I''m short of money, so paying isn''t an option either

New posters, please try my game and place your opinion here

--DK
--H. Hernán Moraldo
http://www.hhm.com.ar/
--DK--H. Hernán Moraldohttp://www.hhm.com.ar/Sign up to the HHM's developers' newsletter.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement