• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RickyPiller

My First Pixel :) : do you remember yours?

This topic is 5961 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just displayed my very first pixel on my primary surface today. There''s just no better feeling then drawing your first pixel with a new graphics API. Do any of you remember the first time you got DDraw working and plotted your first pixel? DDraw. She has double D''''s

Advertisement
I remember the first time I displayed a pixel in Mode 13h
by poke()-ing the frame buffer. The sweet days of DOS...

Yeah! Just few years ago I got my first pixels on screen with Pascal & VGA $a000 The feeling was absolutely stunning! I felt almost same when I moved on DirectDraw/Direct3D few months ago

And the best thing is: You have *always* something new to learn!

Ah yes! I remember a couple of yeas ago I displayed my very first pixel using mode13h. That was something quite remarkable in thos days

sHaKaZeD

know what makes it even better? when you''re in the middle of a school programming class and your class is just starting graphics and you''re the first one to get a pixel up and everyone crowds around your computer oohing and aahing.

Blimey I feel old. Mine was on the Vic-20 (made by Commodore).

This was a colour machine, which came with 3.5k (yes kilobytes) of RAM. If you could afford it you could by a 16k upgrade.

This was state of the art computing.

quote:
Original post by JonnyBoy
Mine was on the Vic-20 (made by Commodore).

I keep my Commodore Pet well fed and watered, although she is getting a little long in the tooth.

Hey nice to see all the commodore fans, mike first pixel at school on a pet, at home on a 64 (still miss it!)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!