My First Pixel :) : do you remember yours?

Started by
39 comments, last by RickyPiller 22 years ago
I just displayed my very first pixel on my primary surface today. There''s just no better feeling then drawing your first pixel with a new graphics API. Do any of you remember the first time you got DDraw working and plotted your first pixel? DDraw. She has double D''''s
****************************If religious DONOT read****************************Jesus was the best skam artist of all times.
Advertisement
I remember the first time I displayed a pixel in Mode 13h
by poke()-ing the frame buffer. The sweet days of DOS...
"-1 x -1 = +1 is stupid and evil."-- Gene Ray
Yeah! Just few years ago I got my first pixels on screen with Pascal & VGA $a000 The feeling was absolutely stunning! I felt almost same when I moved on DirectDraw/Direct3D few months ago

And the best thing is: You have *always* something new to learn!
Ah yes! I remember a couple of yeas ago I displayed my very first pixel using mode13h. That was something quite remarkable in thos days

sHaKaZeD
I remeber my first triangle.... oh yeah baby
know what makes it even better? when you''re in the middle of a school programming class and your class is just starting graphics and you''re the first one to get a pixel up and everyone crowds around your computer oohing and aahing.
Blimey I feel old. Mine was on the Vic-20 (made by Commodore).

This was a colour machine, which came with 3.5k (yes kilobytes) of RAM. If you could afford it you could by a 16k upgrade.

This was state of the art computing.

quote:Original post by JonnyBoy
Mine was on the Vic-20 (made by Commodore).

I keep my Commodore Pet well fed and watered, although she is getting a little long in the tooth.
Hey nice to see all the commodore fans, mike first pixel at school on a pet, at home on a 64 (still miss it!)
TRS-80, baby!

Yes, doing graphics on it still holds fast in my memory.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement