Blender - R.I.P.

Started by
2 comments, last by Landsknecht 22 years ago
So, just out of curiousity, how many people here are gonna feel the pain now that Blender is dead? I know I will. I had just started getting into 3D modelling when the site went down. I got a question though. When I got my copy of Blender, I agreed to a licence. If they go and sell the code or something and the new owners make a differnet licence, am I bound by the one I agreed to or the new one? Thanks, later Landsknecht
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Landsknecht
I got a question though. When I got my copy of Blender, I agreed to a licence. If they go and sell the code or something and the new owners make a differnet licence, am I bound by the one I agreed to or the new one?

Read the license you agreed to. Does it allow them to update the terms? If so, under what conditions does it allow them to? There''s your answer .
quote:Original post by Landsknecht
So, just out of curiousity, how many people here are gonna feel the pain now that Blender is dead? I know I will. I had just started getting into 3D modelling when the site went down.

I''m going to keep using Blender since: (a) I''m a programmer and don''t have money to waste on modeling tools I use once a week at most, (b) Blender runs in Linux natively, and (c) I''m used to the interface now .

Well its that Blender may not be dead yet. The company states that it filed a reorganizational backruptcy.

Check out their site.
check the site it''s partially up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement