Rendering Bezier Patches from Quake 3 bsp levels

Started by
14 comments, last by weasalmongler 22 years, 1 month ago
I''ve got it drawing, but now the textures are incorrectly mapped!!!! I also cannot draw the lightmap for some reason (via multitexturing or multipass multitexturing). THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

-Weasalmongler
Advertisement
The texture coordinates (and the colors) are a bezier surface as well, so you need to set up a couple more evaluators for them. If you can FTP down that example source, one of the other chapter 12 examples should be doing this.
I can apply some textures OK with that technique (which was actually the one I was using anyway), but some of the side parts of the map are incorrectly mapped, so the front is OK, but the side looks like its clamped, with the nasty lines going all down it.

Also, I still can't multitexture the lightmaps on correctly, as I don't think the functions that I am using work with hardware multitexturing.

-Weasalmongler

[edited by - weasalmongler on March 20, 2002 4:41:15 PM]
to CheeseGrater:

What sense would it make to interpolate the colors ? Until now I did not came across a Q3 patch that needed colors in any way... And I can not imagine that a bezier-curve in RGB space is of any use :-)

skynet
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
to CheeseGrater:

What sense would it make to interpolate the colors ? Until now I did not came across a Q3 patch that needed colors in any way... And I can not imagine that a bezier-curve in RGB space is of any use :-)

skynet

Well, if you want to use the vertex color info, you need to interpolate them some how. Since the texture coords are bezier generated and not linearly interpolated, I just figured that the color space would be the same. Especially since one out of 3 bezier curve control points doesn''t lie on the surface.

Y''know, that''s a good point about colors, though. I don''t think I''ve ever actually used that color information either, but my engine is still capable of displaying it if I ever write a shader that uses it.

I tesselate at load time, so it doesn''t really affect me other than a small memory hit and a slightly longer file load, but someone tesselating in real time might want to leave the colors out if they''re not used.

Weasalmongler: I haven''t seen the clamping problem that you describe, so I''m not certain what''s going on there. All I can say is you''re in for some debugging...
Yup, , Thanks for trying though. I''m relatively new to this sort of thing so I am bound to have lots of problems. Its the first time I have ever tried to load a file and render it (except for the ''.RAW'' text file.

-Weasalmongler

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement