Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cybrgeek

Collision prevention

cybrgeek    122
I''m working on a 2D game, and I need to make it so two objects will continue on their path, but move enough that they will not collide if a collision is possible. For example, I have to objects, called A and B, they are both moving toward point C, or possibly towards different points. I''m able to find if a collision is possible if both objects continue with the same velocity along the x and y axis by finding at what point their paths intersect, and the calculating the time for each object to make it to that point. The problem is I need object A and B to avoid each other when this possible collision is detected, but both continue to move toward point C. I''m not asking for anybody to do this for me, but I need some place to start. Any ideas on a solution, or a place to start would be appreciated. Thanks.

cybrgeek    122
Thanks a lot, I think that combining that solution with having the object move just over or under/left or right the other object will work, that way if they are moving straight for each other they won''t colide either.