Lighint, Texture Ok, but not going together

Started by
2 comments, last by DanG 22 years, 1 month ago
I''m a beginner working on displaying an object using OGL. I got the object lit just fine and it looks good. I added a texture thats looking good too. However i put them together on the same object and the object disappeared. when just lit or just textured you can see the object, but not when both are enabled and apllying to the object. What could be wrong here? He who said money was the root of all evil knew little of the nature of money and less about the nature of man.
Ambassador: Mr. Bush are you stoned or just really, REALLY dumb?Pres. Bush - I assure you I am not stoned.
Advertisement
I think you should show the source code for other people to find the problem.
ok i''ll try to get whats relevent

glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);	// Clear Screen And Depth Buffer	glLoadIdentity();									// Reset The Current Modelview Matrix	// light 1 is a struct read in from a file, its fine	light1.ActivateLight(GL_LIGHT1);// this sets up the camera, u don''t need to worry about it	Tree.GetCamera().ActivateCamera();	glTranslatef(0,0,-15);// mat1 is again a simple struct with values read in, its fine	mat1->SetAsMaterial();// make the texture in here	unsigned int id = TEXTUREMANAGER.Load("Textures/Wall.bmp");// use the texture	glBindTexture(id, GL_TEXTURE_2D);// draw a teapot	glutSolidTeapot(5); 

any hints?

He who said money was the root of all evil knew little of the nature of money and less about the nature of man.
Ambassador: Mr. Bush are you stoned or just really, REALLY dumb?Pres. Bush - I assure you I am not stoned.
Alright i got this problem my self, sorry for any inconvinience.

He who said money was the root of all evil knew little of the nature of money and less about the nature of man.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement