Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohanK

3D max r3 and X

JohanK    122
Hi, Is it possible to make multiple animation sequences with 3ds max and getting them exported into the x-file format? (Or what you would call it) If so does the x format support this, (and/or does the x-file exporter support this?) The goal is to extend the infamous skinned mesh example with multiple animationssequences. The alternitive is to create lots of x files with one animation sequence in each. Then use the model from the first one and extract only animation data from the rest...

Wreakon    121
You may stick one, uno, ein, odin, 1, I, keyframe animation per .X file, although you also get to use your creativity as well.

-------
"Programming is like sex make one mistake, and you have to support it forever."
Homepage: www.ussshrike.com/pcwebvia/

GliTch    122
its possible, but I think that the skinned mesh example only load one animation sequence (I really did not look at it in detail, head hurt again). If you want x file with multiple sequence you need to build a loader that handle that type of data.

JohanK    122
Hi,

I thought the x-file format was more flexible than that, why cant you simply add another animation set at the end of it?

I always figured it was MAX that wasn''t going to allow more "sets" of animations.