Tetris scoring system

Started by
4 comments, last by breakscience 22 years ago
Does any one remember what kind of scoring system tetris had. I have completed the gameplay of my tetris, but I want the scoring to be similar to the original. Did it give you points just for placing a piece down? Or just for clearing lines? What kind of bonus was there for multiple lines? Thanks for any response. Break;
Break;
Advertisement
Points for each object on screen plus bonus points for each line, and line the same colour. Multiplers *2 for 2 lines at once, *3 for 3 lines at once etc. up to 5 ( a 5 block line dropped in).

As I remember it from the gameboy.

,Jay

except TET ris only has 4-block-long pieces (X4 line score)... and the colors have nothing to do with points...
oh, and the base line score is based on the level of play (although i don't know the exact numbers), since in the higher levels they fall faster.
i think you might get points for dropping a piece early, as opposed to letting it fall at it's own speed.

[edited by - krez on March 20, 2002 4:06:37 PM]
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
I agree...I know that Tetris only has a four block piece, not five. And I remember, color has nothing to do with the score. Any more opinions on the level determining the base point level?

Break;
Break;
When I did a tetris game for one of my classes a few years back I did a scheme like this:

2^level * lines so that a tetris (getting 4 lines at once) on level nine was worth 2048.

But if I recall the tetris for gameboy used something like this:
4 * (level + 1 * value[lines]) + dropheight
value[1 line] = 10
value[2 line] = 25
value[3 line] = 75
value[4 line] = 300

dropheight = spaces above position when accelerated down.

But really you could make up any schemeing plan as long as it made sense.

Yep, I just remembered the original gameboy was monochrome so coloured lines probably wouldn''t have featured, that must have been something else. I''m sure there is an ealier version of tetris than the gameboy, though I can''t recall having played any.
I do recall colured lines from some version of tetris, I just can''t remember where or when.

,Jay

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement