GNOME and KDE menus

Started by
4 comments, last by Strife 21 years, 10 months ago
Okay, I''m sure I could find this on my own if I really felt like looking hard enough, but... Does anyone know where the GNOME and KDE menus are stored? I''m trying to write a Perl script for Fluxbox that will scan the menus and make them into a Fluxbox menu, but it would help to know where they are stored. rm -rf /bin/laden
Advertisement
Well, since no one responded, I took the time to actually find the GNOME menu directory, and, well, I found it

I''ll look for the KDE dir as soon as I get the first script written.

rm -rf /bin/laden
I just saw this... and I''ve forgotten. I once invested a fair amount of time trying to coordinate my KDE and GNOME menus; it was a lot harder than I had expected and convinced me that the GNOME and KDE developers were fuckwads when it came to this desktop thing. Did they have to do everything in incompatible fashion?

This was over a year ago, though, so things might have improved since.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
nope, no change. It seems they are working against each other.
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
I just saw this... and I''ve forgotten. I once invested a fair amount of time trying to coordinate my KDE and GNOME menus; it was a lot harder than I had expected and convinced me that the GNOME and KDE developers were fuckwads when it came to this desktop thing. Did they have to do everything in incompatible fashion?

This was over a year ago, though, so things might have improved since.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

Actually, with most some of the distros now, if you use gnome, you have a kde application submenu and vice versa. At least, Mandrake has them I should say. RH also had something similar if I remember correctly...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
danielc@iquebec.com
Founder
Laval Linux

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
Menus?
Baah, in KDE i just do alt+F2 and type the name of the bloody app i want to run, so I don''t have to hunt for stuff in that large menu system...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement