Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Lue

Link errors

I am trying to compile the directx3d code downloaded from the microsoft site but always get a flood of errors. Can anyone tell me why? errors are like this(I have included all the libs needed): --------------------Configuration: dxtex - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling resources... Compiling... ChildFrm.cpp C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\DXTex\stdafx.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory dialogs.cpp C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\DXTex\stdafx.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory Dxtex.cpp C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\DXTex\stdafx.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory DxtexDoc.cpp C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\DXTex\stdafx.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory DxtexView.cpp C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\DXTex\stdafx.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory MainFrm.cpp C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\DXTex\stdafx.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory StdAfx.cpp C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\DXTex\stdafx.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory Error executing cl.exe. dxtex.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Those aren''t link errors. They''re preprocessor errors.

Have you included the correct directory for the include file search?

If not, go to Tools -> Options -> Directories -> Include Files and enter the path in the listbox (just make sure to put the path at the top of the list, otherwise you''ll get errors).

Do similarly with the lib directory if you haven''t already.

Also, do you have the correct version (8) of the SDK installed?