Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do i set up the v8.1 sdk (from special effects game programming)

This topic is 5751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

when i extract the file it looks like i got all the lib and incs that i need, but im not sure if that is the sdk is installed at that point, beucase it has none of the examples or extra utilities... and i get crashes when i try to do new direct x stuff anytime i try to use (and of course when i "installed" the sdk i didnt ask me if i wanted the debug version, so i dont know why im getting these errors... i then ran a setup which installed (i know for sure) the sdk, but then it said it was 8.0 (not 8.1), and still didnt ask me if i wanted to install the debug verson... i dont know maybe i just need a newer version on direct x but when i tried to run the dxinstall sample program it said i was missing Dsetup.dll (so i couldnt see if a newer verson of dx was avalible other than what i had). well needless to say, i just uninstalled the whole d@mn sdk, and am looking to start over. (i know how to link the paths in the compilier so no need to help there). anyone who knows howto do this (especially with the set up of the specail effects game programming cd verson) please reply. no need to flame me for this, i already feel like a big tool getting cuaght up on something this stupid...

well, i only had dx ver 8.0, so i guess ill just wait till a game comes out with 8.1 on in (please be on Duengon Siege) because im on 56k and dont like the wait.

guess ill just finished up WGPFD before i move on to the new drectx stuff, thanks anyways guys.