Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LW export to .xfile

This topic is 5750 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the help! I will test this out tonight and see what happens.

One more question: I am doing a model for a gaming company, they want xfiles. In LW, basically I just apply the texture in the Layout and save out to Xfile right? There is nothing else I can possibly do to make the texture ''stick''. Basically when they open my files the textures are not on the model. They are using Truespace as open of the test openners.

** but this may be because I first made the lwo then used a converter to make it an xfile, and I think in the process it lost the assignments for the textures. So now having the plugin this should solve all of this exporting directly to Xfile?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing
Greg

You can use your bmp. But you must use UV mapping. This is the only way to apply a texture to an object in D3D. You can just use Atlas to create your UV map then use Surface Baker to burn your currant texturing to a new UV map texture. Then export your new object with the uv''s and uv texture.

Jack