3D

Started by
2 comments, last by Zols 22 years ago
Hi... i have a question about 3d rendering and modeling for games? do you know anny good tutorials for this. wich is the best program to work with? can you recommend me a good book in the subject?
Zols
Advertisement
there is a link called as "For Beginners" above in this page, under resources. Looks like you should check that..

Other than that, I can say, you should learn a 3d API like OpenGL or Direct3D... I assume you know a programming language though..

hope that helps..

-----------
my quote is under construction
-----------my quote is under construction
As for 3D modeling for games, 3DS is a good program but expensive...Milkshape 3D is also a good program that costs $20 and can import many common formats.
gmax is a free version of 3dsMax. The problem with gmax and 3dsmax is that the file format is so complicated the whole books have been written on the file formats alone!

Milkshape3d rocks, cause the file format is easy, well known, and if you are lucky you''ll be able to find code that will load the data for you. (check www.rsn.gamedev.net for .ms3d loading code.)

DmGoober
Alexander "DmGoober" Jhinalexjh@online.microsoft.com[Warning! This email account is not attended. All comments are the opinions of an individual employee and are not representative of Microsoft Corporation.]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement