Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metin

My texture becomes turbid. Why?

Please look at this image and tell me the reason of this turbidity. http://alizee.super-people.com/image.bmp (58kb) ----------------------- Some part of code: ... D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx(g_pd3dDevice, "img1.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0, D3DFMT_UNKNOWN, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT ,0xFFFF6AB5, NULL, NULL, &pTexture); ... ... g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE, TRUE); g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_SRCALPHA); g_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_INVSRCALPHA); g_pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_MODULATE); ...

try chaning the min/mag filter :

this->d3dDevice->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_MINFILTER, $ANOTHER_FILTER);
this->d3dDevice->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_MAGFILTER, $ANOTHER_FILTER);

where $ANOTHER_FILTER is one of the ones found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dx8_c/hh/dx8_c/graphics_enum_4wc3.asp

I''m a newbie though (now you''re warned )

zilch_

I think you need your geometry to overlap every corner by 0.5 (assuming transformed vertices) pixels in order to avoid any filtering, search msdn for the exact article, and I remember a thread about that here @ gamedev, too...

Thank you for your replies,

I''ve solved my problem by changing the Filter to "D3DX_FILTER_POINT".

-------------
D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx(g_pd3dDevice, "d1.bmp", 78, 64, 0, 0,
D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 , D3DPOOL_MANAGED, D3DX_FILTER_POINT ,
D3DX_DEFAULT ,0xFFFF6AB5, NULL, NULL, &pTexture);
-------------

Is that the same as setting the TextureStageState (SetTextureStageState)? Or is it a completely different thing?

zilch_