DX8.1 SDK Crashing XP

Started by
4 comments, last by Medwynd 22 years ago
Just installed the DX 8.1 SDK after running XP for a few weeks and now after XP never crashing it crashes all the time. This occurse generally when switching users and after exiting some games, particularly the new C&C Renegade. Anyone have any problems with the SDK messing up XP? If so anyone have any fixes. I am running the debug version but can reinstall the sdk without it if I have to. Thanks, Todd D. Degani
Advertisement
Yes, i have problems.
Just after I installed directX sdk i get wierd problems with many apps. For example viewing som divx''s in media player. don''t work. exiting some music apps and some games results in strange debug messages telling all memory isn''t freed. "hard-coded break point". my ass. this truly suck.

zilch_
maybe we have the same problems,
just that I installed the debug versions of the dll''s so i actually get some errormessages.

zilch_
I installed the debug dll''s as well, but I blue screen not just get errors. I have problems viewing in Media Player as well but usually only when I change the playing position of a video file.

-Todd
I don't know, I run XP, and DX (8.1) doesnt crash my computer unless I have done something bad in my code! =D

-=Lohrno

[edited by - Lohrno on March 21, 2002 8:21:25 PM]
when i play Return To Castle Wolfenstein and then exit it, my desktop is messed up. It looks fine but when i click on something on my desktop it acts like i double clicked on all of my icons so then proceeds to execute all the icons....all 15 programs or so. Suffice it to say that really makes things screwy. This is using Windows XP and DX 8 on a GeForce 2 card.

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement