• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

llvllatrix

Help A newb

This topic is 5932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is sort of wierd: im using a collision detection library called coldet it compiles without any problems and compiles this code without any error EXPORT CollisionModel3D* newCollisionModel3D(bool Static) { return new CollisionModel3DImpl(Static); } i brought all the code into my own project: what i did was i included the codlet.dsp into my workspace and moved all the files from the coldet project into my own project now i keep getting this error: coldet_bld.cpp(30) : error C2491: ''newCollisionModel3D'' : definition of dllimport function not allowed anyone know why?

Advertisement
Hi,

Sounds like coldet.dsp is set up for building a dll?

Maybe try building the dll, then just use the coldet header in your app.

I may be entirely wrong as I''ve never used coldet.

Its a DLL project. Either compile as a dll, or maybe you can try just getting rid of the dllImports (or if you''re fortunate and the programmer used a macro, just redefine it).

==
''The Big Bad''
"No, I''m a rebel. You''re an idiot." -- Spike

your right,

im an idiot,

figured out why, very stupid, wont say.

thanks anyway

Ancient Wisdom:
"Copy and paste fills the page, coding fills the mind...and the debugger."

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!