INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

Started by
12 comments, last by daher 22 years ago
he realised the error, but he was pointing out that MSVC++ should just say "term does not evaluate to a function" instead of having a fit .

------------------------------
Baldur K
"Hey! I hate these Microsoft guys! What a rotten compiler! It only accepts 16,384 local variables in a function!"
Advertisement
quote:Original post by baldurk
he realised the error, but he was pointing out that MSVC++ should just say "term does not evaluate to a function" instead of having a fit .

Yeah that was my point, thanx for explaning
quote:Posted by siaspete
Daher, please, next time you get an error on a function and you don't understand why, check some documentation on how the function should be used.

siaspete, please, next time you wanna post a message, read other people's posts and understand'em before doing so

If you see this over someone's head, then its me!The Railgun MasterDaHeR

[edited by - daher on March 23, 2002 12:05:05 PM]
____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ
quote:
siaspete, please, next time you wanna post a message, read other people''s posts and understand''em before doing so

I did, but you still had not acknowledged your code problem. The way I see it, if you''re mistreating the language like you were, be prepared for the compiler to freak out.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
quote:Original post by siaspete
I did, but you still had not acknowledged your code problem. The way I see it, if you''re mistreating the language like you were, be prepared for the compiler to freak out.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

daher did write "oops, i didn''t see that post ''Cyelince'', thank you. yeah this solved the prob". What more does he need to say to acknowledge the problem?

It''s easy to miss () in a function call and good compilers do not freak out on this. I tried the code on the Borland compiler and got the following error message:

"Error E2235 test.cpp 11: Member function must be called or its address taken in function main()"

I agree with daher that it is a bug. Generally speaking, can an "INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR" be something else than a bug?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement