HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by
4 comments, last by QuantumProgrammer 22 years, 1 month ago
PLZ I NEED HELP. Hello i am an 11 year old chld learning to program. I am currently on the subject of game programming. I am having trouble finding a good solid rescource for C++ game Programming. I was wondering if you could give me a rescource or Train me as an aprentice. thanks alot quantum kid
quantum kidthe guy who invented the wheel, he was an idiot.the guy who invented the other three, now he was a genious.
Advertisement
my first recommendation would be to learn c++.

buy something like Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days to get the quick overview of the language. you may hate programming and not even know it yet.

if you are more artistic, try getting Milkshape3D and creating some models of things like your room, your best friend and your dog... then move on to cool stuff. there are plenty of tutorials on the web for this.

e-mail me if you have any specific questions, i''d love to help more than this.

Yours might be bigger. Yours might be harder. BUT, mine is multi textured, bump-mapped, pixel shaded & fully user customizable!
Well... you''re in the right place if you''re wanting to learn game programming.. =)

The best way of learning is often to do. Pick some small project (something you feel is doable, around the scope of a tetris clone), and start playing with it.

The basic goal you should be looking for is simply to play with all the different subsystems you''ll need to learn, like drawing to screen, loading bitmaps, and controlling objects. You should focus on completing the game, not on making the greatest and best game ever

There are a lot of tutorials out there that covers the basics of game-programming; pick one of them, and go on from there.

Odin
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
I agree with camcbri, learn the basics of C++ first. Then come up with something simple and work from there.

-Todd D. Degani
I have already learned the basics. I Just Finished learning the basics of Creating an active X Control. I Mean I Know the basic method im going to use for tetris i just dont know how to draw to the screen. Help on this would be apreciated.
thanks
quantum kid
quantum kidthe guy who invented the wheel, he was an idiot.the guy who invented the other three, now he was a genious.
Try the Hands-on Interactive Game Development forum. Also, look up DirectDraw or SDL - two reasonably straightforward ways of drawing to the screen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement