Transformed and untransformed

Started by
9 comments, last by JohanK 22 years ago
Hi, What is the differens between transformed vertices and untransformed... Are the transformed ones the ones that have been moved into worldspace? (or what the terms are) If so, is this statement correct; The model keeps a list of untransformed vertices (oriented around its own local coordinatesystem), for each rendering (each frame) d3d transformes the vertices and creates a new buffer of transformed vertices. This buffer is then sent to DrawPrimitive( ... ) method? /Confused Johan
Advertisement
Well I think in the instance you are talking about then it means that they have had a transformation matrix applied to them (ie, they have been rotated or moved or something).

Sometimes in D3D (like when walking about the T&L pipeline) transformed means than they are in screen space.

T&L Pipeline (Texturing and lightning?)

Yes.
Isn''t that Transform & Lighting ???

----------------------------
"Quotes are cool" - Me

Check out my game Asteroidz, it rules !!!
--------<a href="http://www.icarusindie.com/rpc>Reverse Pop Culture
Sorry yes. Too lazy to read properly
Untransformed: X, Y, Z values that are accordingly adjust to world space...
Transformed: Really only the screen coordinates X, Y (simplification)...

Untransformed (0,20,20) will be a bit up and back counting from the middle of the screen...
X: Left, Right
Y: Up, Down
Z: In, Out (depth)

Transformed (320, 240) in 640x480 this will be in the middle of the screen...

Hope this helps
er.. untransformed isn''t in world space shadows... it''s in object space.
Which matrix do you set to affect objects?
The World Matrix - D3DTS_WORLD

In Essence: Two words - same thing...

// Shadows
yes... but they''re in object space until you multiply them BY the world matrix. Then they''re in world space. But by that point, they''re no longer untransformed.

All the matrices are named based on what they transform the matrix to, not what they transform it from.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement