Game developer from China!

Started by
9 comments, last by gtaww 22 years ago
Hello everyone! I''m from a Chinese game developer X game Works. We have developed 4 games from 2001 till now and all our products are sold well in China. But we always hope our products can be export to the woldwide market. We know there many famous game publishers in USA, such as EA, Infograms, Microsoft and etc. But we also know that they will not interested in our products :-D. So can anyone would like to introduce me some serious PC game publishers in USA? Thanks a lot! Also, if you like, you can get some information about our products by visiting the following address: http://www.xgameworks.com/english/product/index.htm Beside these, our development team is very excellent. If any game publisher or game developer would like to cooperate with us, please feel free to contact us. Wendy Wang wang.wen@netease.com
Advertisement
you can try:

-self publishing using the shareware model.

I cannot recommend any retail publisher in the USA or Europe. My personal experience and of some other developers is very bad. You cannot trust them in general. Or try otherwise to search on the www.google.com with keys like "game publisher". There you will find all publishers worldwide .

So again try self publishing on USA/European Download & Review sites,like tucosw, cnet etc. Check the other topics about shareware.

Also check the site http://asp-shareware.org/join/join.asp
[Uh...whatever...DavidRM]

[edited by - DavidRM on March 26, 2002 6:51:19 PM]
Thank you very much for your advice, though you didn''t leave your name.

We didn''t try shareware publishing channel before, so we''ll have a try.

Thanks a lot.

Wendy
wang.wen@netease

I´ve had a brief look at your site, some of your games seem to warrant full retail production (or rather: make full retail sale necessary). Shareware publishing may seem like a nice way to sell your product, but if you want access to the big market you will have to go through a publishing house - and despite the bad name they have around here, not all the publishers are evil.

As a general word of advice: avoid the small-time publishing houses. Those I´ve had experiences with either don´t have the capacities to give your games the exposure they need or will try to rip you off.

The best thing would be to contact some of the bigger publishers directly and inform them of your capabilites and goals (i.e. you have four finished games which you would like to marked in europe and the US - that should make the deal easier as you won´t be as large a risk as a project which has to be funded in advance).
Then you´ll probably have to meet with them in person and pitch your projects to them.
And don´t forget to sign that NDA.

best of luck

PS: it can´t hurt to try the bigger publishers too, you might have a chance with Infogrames.

Hi, I look at some of your product and see that your company is developing professional game. So I think you should join www.gamasutra.com.

Gamedev.net is mostly for hobbyist and amateur newbie game developer, most of the members are still learning programming. Gamasutra is a website for professional game developer, you might get professional advice concerning the game industry at gamasutra.
You might want to join the E3 game show. E3 is a annual game show where many game developer shows off their product. You might find someone publisher interested investing in your company. If your game is good, some game sites/magazines will give you positive media coverage, improving your company''s reputation.
Yep, I agree with what the others have said,

AFAIK, Ubisoft (French developer/publisher) have an an office in China! - possibly even Bejing - its probably worth contacting them.

(As mentioned above) arranging some meetings for E3 with the major publishers is a good idea.

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

You can also try contacting a game publishing agent. Then let him/her do the leg work of getting your game onto the market through one of the big pulishers. If you have a commercial-quality title and no industry contacts (which sounds like the case), then this might be the way to go.

Offhand, I can''t think of their names, but at least two game agents have been mentioned in this forum before. Anyone?
www.octagon1.com

search in google.com on the keys "game agent"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement