Game Programming

Started by
36 comments, last by GoldenOne 22 years ago
So what kind of books do you suggest I get for C++ and C++ Windows Programming?
Advertisement
For win32 API programming "Windows 98 Programming from the ground up" by Herbert Schildt is pretty good. Despite the title 99% of it is applicable to all windows 9x and NT4/2k/xp systems although some stuff won''t work on win95.

For C++ try "Thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckel and it can be download legally here

Good luck, wish I''d been able to start as young as you.
Actually, the definitive Win32 programming book is Programming Windows X (X = 95, 98, 2000, XP...) by Charles Petzold (Microsoft Press).

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! | Asking Smart Questions ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Thanks, I''ll check those books out. Over and out.
You should also try and learn math, not just programming. If you know math, you'll have a much easier time programming than vice versa, since, after all, computer sciences are a subsidiary of mathematical sciences. :-)

I'm 14 and I've been programming since I was 9. I've only moved to C++ a few weeks ago, and I've got all of it down, except for linked lists. But, that is only because I've worked in Visual Basic and other languages before it, so the transition was quite easy for me (the concepts are the same, whether you use Algol, Perl, or some weird derivative of BASIC). I've always loved math, and I think this helped me a lot, as I learned some of the more advanced math concepts and saw how they had fit into programming.

Anyways, good luck!

[edited by - UBC_Wiskatos on March 26, 2002 5:43:13 PM]
[email=ubc_wiskatos@hotmail.com" target="_blank" style="width: 10px; height: 10px; background: #fe7a21; overflow: hidden; display: block; margin-bottom: 2px;][/email]Wiskatosxp
Yes, I LOVE math. It''s my best subject and also my favorite.
go here:

http://Search.aol.com/cat.adp?id=6375&layer=&from=subcats

It will come up with a bunch of websites with tutorials.
Thanks, that''s really helpful.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement