flash to c++

Started by
33 comments, last by BAXTERS 22 years ago
hello, i am making a game in flash with 2 buttons that are red and go green when you click them and make a noise like a button. i have "ACTIONSCRIPT" that goes a little something like this. if the mouse is on the button goto frame 2 and stop. the trouble is that i don''t have frame 2 so i don''t know if it weorks. now! can you guys help me out. shall i make a frame 2 or should i use c++. i was going to make it in c++ but i don''t if netscape supports it. so i might make a cd rom with c++ instead but i don''t know how to make buttons. is there a program that will make c++ buttons, green hopefully. if there is i can work out how to make them go red on my own without your help but i nedd the actual button to start with which i need one of you to do. also where can i download c++ from not flash. all the best les baxter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=YO YO THE BAXTER BOYS: CHECK OUT THE GIFhttp://baxters.narod.ru MulTiMeDiA design, gif and Flash and asp technology-=={{{NOMACS}}==--"I''m goin'' in" Luke SkywalkerSTAR WARS (Dir. George Lucas, 1984)
Advertisement
I remember you....
Before you do anything, learn what c++ is first.
How could we forget?
Please research before posting here, C++ is a programming language, you will rarely see it used on the web apart from maybe cgi programming.
C++ is most often used to create applications, and not parts of webpages.
quote:
so i might make a cd rom with c++ instead but i don't know how to make buttons.

quote:
is there a program that will make c++ buttons, green hopefully.

To make buttons (in a WINDOW!) use the Win 32 API.
Oh dear...you are still so confused (or a very good prankster).

EDIT: Please tell us you are

[edited by - stevenmarky on March 22, 2002 6:57:52 PM]
C++ is a language, you don''t download it, you download a compiler to create your *.exe (or whatever) which most often comes with a MS-DOS Prompt (console window) interface.
well thats is not very helpful at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote. is there anyone who can make the buttons so i can get started
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know that you can download an exe for winodws c++
but i need to know if you can make the buttons before i begin other wise i may as will use flash and make a cd rom or web game.

i know that you can use c++ on internet but i did''nt know about cgi thanks man

any way how do i get the buttons thanks les baxter.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=YO YO THE BAXTER BOYS: CHECK OUT THE GIFhttp://baxters.narod.ru MulTiMeDiA design, gif and Flash and asp technology-=={{{NOMACS}}==--"I''m goin'' in" Luke SkywalkerSTAR WARS (Dir. George Lucas, 1984)
You don''t "make buttons" in C++. You write text. Flash is an animation package. C++ is a programming language. If you want to use a programming language for web-browers, go with a Java applet or java-script.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
I am snooping flash, baxters, have you got any hints as to how to use open GL with it? Or is this not poss? I have made some kool FX adapting code made by proffesionals using a 3D thing- swift or something- and making them look different. I didn''t know that this resource was inclusive of the Flash op sys, how do you put the code into actionscript?
I want to do a quake-like engine in Flash, would openGL/swift be any good?

Nice to see someone doing the Flash thing. MX is going to be f***ing awesome, man!

*thx*
Ok, Ill try to be more helpfull:
I think I misunderstood, and you might not be as horrendously confused as I first thought:

You can use C++ in Flash yes, but I have never done this myself.

quote:
shall i make a frame 2 or should i use c++.

What does this mean? To me this translates to:

Shall I draw the other frame of the button, or shall I program it in C++ (i dont understand, could you make this clearer).
Just a guess, but I dont think you need C++, it sounds like you could do it all in Flash without writing a line of code.

Netscape supports Flash, so I dont think there is any reason your Flash wouldnt work if it used C++.
I couldnt edit my last post. What I meant was how do I put c / visual c code into actionscript?

Also, how did you learn Flash. This guy in highschool is saying that you have to go to college, but I have a book for Flash 4 is this ok?

Also (jeez! so many questions) how would you do Quake in Flash and if it is better why would people use c anyway? Which developers use c and which use Flash, make your hollering voices known, people!

l8rs Seb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement