Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modeling Programs

This topic is 5742 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a programmer, and have been trying for some time to determine which 3d modeling programs are worth while. I have kind of looked at Form-Z, 3DS Max 4, LightWave 7, Maya, and TrueSpace 5. If I could get some help on which programs are not only capable of kick*** graphics, but have a somewhat decent interface, etc, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Edited by - Oddlogic on March 22, 2002 7:10:31 PM

All of those programs you have mentioned are top-notch and definatly worthwhile (though I havent personally used Form-Z or Maya).

Also that saying about a bad workman blames his tools.....Im not saying you are a bad workman (you are a programmer!) but if you try hard enough you can produce ''practically'' the same results in the different modellers you have mentioned.
So a lot of it is personal preference.

(though I love 3dsMax interface, and I always use the dark gui : Lightwaves is a little foreign and took me a while to get used to).