Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAFEDISKKILLER21

very newbie

i have a pretty simple question that i am sure everyone knows the answer to. in the midst of you laughing dont forget to answer it since i am only 6. I need to know how to make paragraphs and tell the program to go back to them in C or C++. see, what i wanna do is create a dummy value that will record the number of lines on the screen (d++ every time the while command executes and says click any key to display the next twenty lines). however i cannot seem to get the the thing to keep printing after i click a key.it just stops. i knew how to to this with cobol (name the paragraph and PERFORM PRINT-LINES) but C is so much cooler. thanx.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by SAFEDISKKILLER21
...i am only 6...

I have a hard time believing that.

Maybe he meant 16 or 63....
but if I understood right...(and I probably didn''t =( ) mayube what you can do, is have it loop until done, and in the loop write the next 20 lines then do something like:

cout << "-Press any Key to Continue-" << endl;
getche();

getche() waits for a character to be pressed. (and returns it btw)

-=Lohrno

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

you and me both..
most six year olds have trouble speaking
phonetically, let alone typing and programming.
he''s full of shit if you ask me

And with a nick like SAFEDISKKILLER21, probably a pirate too.

Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.

quote:
Original post by eldee
[quote]Original post by Anonymous Poster

you and me both..
phonetically, let alone typing and programming.
he''s full of shit if you ask me

ya i did mea 16...anyways i still don''t get how to make a paragraph. Is it "int paragrapha" ?

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Lohrno
getche();

Why would you use getche()? Why would you want it to echo back the key pressed? getch() is much more ''covered up''.

Guest Anonymous Poster
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Original post by eldee
phonetically
I wouldn''t make such statements if I were you. In fact, I can tell you that when I was six I could write any essay up to 9th grade level almost without making a single spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistake. Why say things you have no clue about?

IndirectX: perhaps you aren''t most six year olds... i wonder how old you will be when you can read at a ninth grade level...

I know a lot of 6yr olds (because I work with them a lot) and most of them can''t read or write, besides their name. Kind of sad when you think about it.

The simple answer is that C does not have "paragraphs". Neither does it have sections or divisions. A paragraph in Cobol is more generally known as a "procedure", which you would implement in C using a function. Your learner''s book will teach you how to code a function. You *do* have a learner''s book, don''t you?

I can''t speak for myself, but my little brother was speaking and writing at that level when he was 6. And as he was always around myself and my brother growing up, typing wasn''t a problem... (we were all on the computer constantly).

heh, im the oldest of 5 in my family, and i watched all of my
sibblings drool and lisp over their words until they were 8ish.
same with the neighborhood kids who they brought over to play
gi joe with. you show me 1 prodigal 6 year old, and i''ll show
you 40 normal kids who would rather be watching cartoons.
my guess is that some people would use a simple statement like
my previous one to show off how smart they were when they were
six.. pity it didnt last through puberty.

When I was four a learnt to read during two weeks - no problem. I know there are many people that can`t read and write at 10 years but that doens`t mean that there isn`t at least one child who can.

And my friend knew BASIC when he was six, so I believe it can be true.

I received Atari when I was 9 unfortunately so only then I learnt BASIC and then assembler

VladR

When I was 6 I could read some stuff, and write a little too, and speak two languages. But I wasent writing essays, formulating a algorithim, writing code, or doing anything fancy...nope I was rather playing like all other 6 year olds do.

If you say that you were designing bridges, working on Wall Street, or writing novels when you were 6.....great, good for you...but you missed out on all the fun stuff of being a kid.

ICQ #: 149510932

Google - OpenGL - DirectX - Windows Guide Network - MSDN - Symantec Virus Info

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Well most six year olds aint interested in anything other than playing with their action figures and running around like things posessed but some are. I was really into reading cos my mam and my grandad were so I used to read loads and loads of kiidy books (you know the short of stuff, massive fonts and 3 lines opf text per page) before at about 5 or 6 moving onto Enid Blyton childrens novels which were pretty cool. My brother on the other hand just wasn''t interested in reading at all and just didn''t bother one bit. As for computers nah, no chance I could have done any programming at that age, I was quite bright for my age (wish it had lasted :p) but not that good.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
[quote]Original post by Lohrno
getche();

Why would you use getche()? Why would you want it to echo back the key pressed? getch() is much more ''covered up''.

Yeah...I usually use it at the end of console programs so the window closes so fast I don''t see it anyway...=D

-=Lohrno

quote:
Original post by rhino2876
I had sex with 10 women in one session when I was 6.

Yeah I thought I did too, but it turns out they were...er lets not go there! =D

-=Lohrno