very newbie

Started by
21 comments, last by SAFEDISKKILLER21 22 years ago
i have a pretty simple question that i am sure everyone knows the answer to. in the midst of you laughing dont forget to answer it since i am only 6. I need to know how to make paragraphs and tell the program to go back to them in C or C++. see, what i wanna do is create a dummy value that will record the number of lines on the screen (d++ every time the while command executes and says click any key to display the next twenty lines). however i cannot seem to get the the thing to keep printing after i click a key.it just stops. i knew how to to this with cobol (name the paragraph and PERFORM PRINT-LINES) but C is so much cooler. thanx.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by SAFEDISKKILLER21
...i am only 6...

I have a hard time believing that.
Just do a loop, initialize std libraries and to print a line, do std::cout << "Blah...";
[email=ubc_wiskatos@hotmail.com" target="_blank" style="width: 10px; height: 10px; background: #fe7a21; overflow: hidden; display: block; margin-bottom: 2px;][/email]Wiskatosxp
Maybe he meant 16 or 63....
but if I understood right...(and I probably didn''t =( ) mayube what you can do, is have it loop until done, and in the loop write the next 20 lines then do something like:

cout << "-Press any Key to Continue-" << endl;
getche();

getche() waits for a character to be pressed. (and returns it btw)

-=Lohrno

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

you and me both..
most six year olds have trouble speaking
phonetically, let alone typing and programming.
he''s full of shit if you ask me

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
And with a nick like SAFEDISKKILLER21, probably a pirate too.

Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.
Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.
quote:Original post by eldee
Original post by Anonymous Poster

you and me both..
most six year olds have trouble speaking
phonetically, let alone typing and programming.
he''s full of shit if you ask me

ya i did mea 16…anyways i still don''t get how to make a paragraph. Is it "int paragrapha" ?

quote:Original post by Lohrno
getche();

Why would you use getche()? Why would you want it to echo back the key pressed? getch() is much more ''covered up''.
ahh good it works. i see what was wrong. i used a scanf when i shud have used a getch(). Thanx 4 d help.
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement