Problems with lighting on different computers.

Started by
1 comment, last by Gee 22 years, 1 month ago
I have the strangest error in my opengl game. The lighting becomes different on different computers: Lets say I set the values of a lightsource so it looks nice and all. Then when I run it on my other computer I have to Divide all values by like 100 to get the same result. And of course when I switch back everything is dark as hell. // Computer 1 GLfloat LightDiffuse[]= { 0.01f, 0.01f, 0.01f, 0.1f }; // Computer 2 GLfloat LightDiffuse[]= { 10.0f, 10.0f, 10.0f, 0.1f }; the computers: 1)Staionery Athlon 1,4 with a GeForce3 2)Laptop 700 celeron with a 4MB Savage4 card Anyone come across this problem? /Gee
---GUI Programming Division Manager at Wildfire Gamesworking on the 0 A.D. project
Advertisement
Dude, you don''t have to do all those crazy divide by 100 calculations just to get good lighting on your computer. Just turn the lights off in the room with the computer. It makes it easier to see your computer anyways. Your eyes may start to water after a while though because of the contrast of the bright monitor with the dark room. My solution - take a half hour break every once in awhile and then come back. To tell you the truth, I usually get hungry every once in awhile anyways, so the break is appreciated.
Rhino2876
Oh thanks I''ll try that!

/G
---GUI Programming Division Manager at Wildfire Gamesworking on the 0 A.D. project

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement